Updated: May 17, 2019
One of the amazing things about going to Walt Disney World is it's ever changing, and there's always something new and exciting to discover.
On our upcoming trip in July, one of the things that my family and I will be focusing on more than sit down restaurants (although, I DID get a dinner reservation for Be Our Guest), is quick service meals! (For those of you who don't know what that is, It's more like food carts, window service meals, and that sort of thing)
So, without further ado, here is our bucket list of Disney Snacks that we'd love to try in July 2019:
1. Bacon Mac-and-Cheese Topped French Fries- This delicious cheesy snack is currently located at Casey's Corner in the Magic Kingdom. It's a ton of Casey's delicious french fries topped with a heaping of mac-and-cheese and bacon sprinkled on top. What could be better than that? This is one that all three of us (T, H and myself) can't wait to try!
2. School Bread- Although my husband and I will DEFINITELY be sharing this one (He's more of the bread and coconut eater, where I'm more the frosting eater!), but this awesome looking quick snack (or breakfast!) is a sweet roll, rolled in coconut, with a large dollop of frosting on top, and it's filled with custard, almost like what you'd find in a long john doughnut! This treat is located at Norway Pavilion (In Epcot) at the Kringla Bakeri og Cafe!
3. Poutine- This delicious Canadian treat, I've actually had twice before (but everything taste's better in Disney World, right?). Poutine was originally french fries, covered in brown gravy, and covered in white cheese curds. BUT in Disney, there are SO many different kinds of poutine to try! The one I'm looking forward to the most would be the French Poutine (french fries, mushroom cream sauce, and Gruyere cheese) which is located at The Daily Poutine in Disney Springs.
4. The Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar- As popular as these Mickey shaped ice cream bars are, I've never had one!
5. Bacon Mac-and-Cheese Hot Dog- So, this one Thomas and I may HAVE to share, but how can you go wrong with mac and cheese and bacon? You really can't! I'm just afraid they'll have to roll me out of the park after trying this delicious meal from Casey's Corner, located in The Magic Kingdom.
6. Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich- So, this one Hailee actually chose as a snack (or meal) she wants to try. I don't particularly care for waffles or pancakes (I know, I know, I have issues). But to many, this treat is a dream come true! It's a waffle, folded in half, stuffed with Nutella, and fresh fruit! I'd definitely love the fruit and Nutella, but both Hailee and Thomas would LOVE the waffle located at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square (Magic Kingdom).
7. The Cronut- This may have been a huge trend a few years ago, unfortunately I never found a place that sold them near me, so I'd definitely excited to be trying one from The Refreshment Port in Epcot! It's pretty much what it sounds like; a croissant and a doughnut hybrid, and then to make it better...cover it in cinnamon sugar!
8. The Peter Pan Float- This Peter Pan themed float has become one of the most talked about items on both YouTube and blogs! It's delicious lime soft serve over top some ice cold sprite, garnished with Peter Pan's (chocolate) feather. You can find this refreshing drink (or ice cream?) at Storybook Treats in Magic Kingdom.
9. Mickey's Kitchen Sink Sundae- This one was actually Thomas' pick, but I think all of us would enjoy it! The huge sundae, actually comes in a take home pair of collectible Mickey shorts, which you can take home and...well, that's totally up to you. I think I'd plant something in it! The Mickey's Kitchen Sink Sundae is located at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main St. in Magic Kingdom.
10. Cinderella's Castle Cupcake- This is one of Disney's newest cupcake designs, and hopefully come July, it will still be available! I know one of our favorite items to get in the parks (or our hotel) was the Disney cupcakes. SO the fact that this one has a giant white chocolate castle, as well as silver and white chocolate pearls, I think this one is near the top of the list!
Well, there it is folks! I hope you get to try some of these delicious treats during your 2019 vacations. If you already have, I'd love to know your favorites!
Have a great weekend!